- Secure – long term employment (permanent full-time)
- Fantastic remuneration and benefits
- Strong supportive team and culture
- $75K + in first year
Due to unprecedented growth in the rail industry, MTM Infrastructure Division are looking for a number motivated, pro-active and enthusiastic Apprentice Signal Maintenance Technicians (6) to perform reactive and preventative maintenance, repair and modify signalling equipment and supporting infrastructure.
The SMT Apprenticeship will see you gain a Cert III in Electro-technology in addition to a Certificate IV in Railway Signalling, the combined qualifications will be attained over a four year period.
Apprentices will receive specialised training with a registered training organisation to work on electrical, electronic and mechanical railway signalling equipment. Throughout the training you will gain valuable on the job experience on the MTM network.
The Successful Candidate
You will have an exceptional work ethic and proven work history and enjoy working in a fast paced, rewarding and varied role. In addition, you will be prepared to work a range of different shifts on a 24/7 roster. MTM maintenance team works around the clock to ensure the network is-maintained to a high standard.
Metro requires both ‘in training’ and qualified Signal Maintenance Technicians to work in various locations throughout the Metro network, staff will be required to move depots on a rotational basis.
- Perform maintenance and installation of work on signalling and communications equipment either individually in a team environment under limited supervision of Officers in Charge or Group Supervisors
- Test and investigate signalling equipment and systems for compliance with specifications and suitability criteria that may apply
- Attend to fault rectification tasks as allocated by fault officers
- Investigate and prepare reports on any incident associated with the performance of signalling equipment and systems.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in commercial/Industrial construction environments – desirable but not essential
- Well developed verbal and written communications skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong mathematical and mechanical aptitude
- Able to commit to the full term of the Apprenticeship and study requirements.
- Willing to learn and develop new skills.
- Demonstrate an interest /passion in the trade.
Metro has strong an ongoing commitment to your training and development on our equipment to strengthen your capabilities in the field.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
Please submit your application by 5:00pm, Friday 13th of November.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.